The energy industry is a diverse, broad and booming industry. IPACT has developed many applications for this industry and can provide turn-key solutions for clients. Some areas of expertise include:
IPACT has worked with both solar panel manufacturers and solar energy farms. IPACT developed a “track & trace” application for a major solar panel manufacturer. The application allowed tracking down to individual panels and components in real-time, enabling the client to achieve large increases in first pass yield and OEE. IPACT also worked with clients on the development of a Geo-SCADA application to enable remote monitoring and management of solar energy farms. The application allowed the client to monitor not only the local energy output and equipment performance but to link it into local weather forecasts. The client was able to improve output of the solar panels by 2% leveraging the information provided.
Oil & Gas
The Oil & Gas industry faces some particularly tough challenges with Geo-SCADA applications. These systems tend to have very large numbers of I/O. The model of the fields and plants, tends to be very flat which can create problems in managing the application. IPACT has created some unique tools that enable us to develop, manage and edit very large I/O systems (500K plus I/O). The advantages of the tools are huge savings in engineering effort, higher levels of quality of the code, and the ability to better manage change. IPACT has developed applications for all aspects of Oil & Gas including Upstream, Midstream and Downstream. Some sample applications include:
- Workflow Solutions designed for well head management
- Alarm Management, notification and escalation
- Workflow Solutions for asset management and task management
- Batch Management Systems
- Truck Terminal Loading Solution
IPACT has worked with many clients to help them reduce their energy usage. For many years, the metals industry, a large consumer of power, has been concerned with energy management, but with rising energy costs, increasing environmental regulation and uncertainty in the energy supply, energy management has become everyone’s priority. IPACT has developed energy monitoring systems for many types of utilities including: water, steam, gas and electricity. These systems allow granular monitoring of energy consumption linked back to actual production. This enables companies to make informed and timely decision about repair, replacement, and retiring equipment that is energy inefficient. Some of the applications IPACT has implemented include:
- Utilities Dispatch Solution – load shedding by priority as required by contracts with utilities.
- Combustion Controls System – upgrade to reduce energy, radiant tube furnaces, etc.
- New heating models to better predict anneal completion and ready to roll time (e.g., no overheating of raw material).
- Thermal models to reduce oxygen or other gases used for processing of steel.
- LNG (Liquid Natural Gas) – Compress and store until needed during winter.
- CIP Scheduler – To save CIP (clean in place) time reducing energy as well as water.