Although the pundits claim Hewlett Packard’s OpenVMS is dead, but as Mark Twain was misquoted: “The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated”. There are still many OpenVMS operating systems controlling process controls systems in key industries, such as metals.
- IPACT can provide enhancements to your systems without having to migrate or replace the whole OpenVMS solution. There are solutions that allow these system to continue into the future if they continue to meet the needs of the process. This includes hardware emulators or the still available Integrity platform. IPACT has knowledgeable staff that are proficient in the development in OpenVMS operating system. We can provide staff augmentation and project support.
- IPACT has staff that is proficient in the development of Microsoft Windows supervisory systems. We are able to understand legacy OpenVMS systems and migrate them to the new Windows technology. We believe that is prudent to migrate from OpenVMS when convenient and cost effective and there are strong business reasons to do so.
- IPACT has tools to help in the migration of OpenVMS systems or the integration of existing OpenVMS systems into heterogeneous environment.
- A store and forward messaging service IQR (OpenVMS platform is in public domain) to Windows Message Queue (MSMQ). This is a replacement in similar functionality as the orginal Digital product PAMS. This product is now known as one of the following after years of rebranding: DMQ, BEA Message Queue (DMQ), and now Oracle Message Queue (OMQ).
- Connectivity for Process Variables to SCADA systems such as WonderWare’s InTouch and GEFANUC’s iFIX. This product utilizes MODBUS/TCP an open standard for reading PLC registers and supported by most SCADA systems.
- Device Driver to allow for concurrent memory updates using GE FANUC’s reflective memory. This provides a great way to shadow an older system and validate with its replacement system